- Chairperson – Appointed by the Govt. of India
- Vice Chairperson – Ex officio Member Secretary, CSB
- JS (Silk)/Director (Silk) or any other representative of Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India
- CEO/Secretary of SMOI to be appointed by CoA under intimation to MoT
- Nominee of CSB, not below the rank of Director
- Ex-officio Chairperson / Executive Director of ISEPC
Silk Mark Organisation Of India (SMOI) is a registered Society under Karnataka Society Act 1960 with Registration No.1054 / 2003-2004 dated 19/01/2004. Silk Mark is an initiative by Central Silk Board (CSB), Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
SMOI has competent Textile Technologists, who are well experienced in Silk Industry and Trade. SMOI is headquartered in Bangalore and has thirteen Silk Mark Chapters located strategically in and around silk clusters of the country.
The COA consists of sixteen members, seven of which are permanent members. There will be nine elected members, of which five are from the corporate category and four from the special category.